The Ultimate versatile daysailer for leisure or race.
The Laser Bahia was designed with safety, stability and performance in mind. It was designed for leisure and ease of use, but not at the expense of performance. Stability and sturdy hull design makes this boat versatile. Motor, row or sail it. The Laser Bahia is equipped with a single line reefable mainsail for added sailing comfort in a breeze.
- Safety: With a stable and spacious cockpit, the Laser Bahia has a clutter-free space for up to five adults. Designed with inboard seats and controllable power allow the sailor to feel safe and secure throughout the ride. In the case of a capsize, the Laser Bahia is slow to invert, easy to right and re-board. When a mast head flotation is added, the boat sits smartly on top of the water so even a small person can right it with ease.
- Simplicity: This design is the ideal family boat. The extra high boom and gnav system leaves the cockpit simple and efficient for new sailors. On windy days the furling jib and single line reefing system makes it easy to reduce sail area.
- Performance: The light hull and nice large gennaker allow the Laser Bahia to fly across the water. Add the trapeze option and you can take this boat to the next level.
More than just a sailboat: The multifunctional Laser Bahia can be sailed, rowed or motored. The stability and sturdy design of the hull make it a breeze to motor or row if the wind lays low.
- Single line reefable main for added sailing comfort when the breeze picks up
Construction The Bahia is a triple layer super linear foam sandwich polyethylene. The polyethylene provides a robust low maintenance boat. The foam sandwich allows you to provide a lighter hull with the same strength and rigidity.
- Length: 4.60m
- Beam: 1.80m
- Draft: 1.15m
- Hull Weight: 155kg
- Mainsail: 3.75m²
- Jib: 1.09m²
- Spinnaker: 14.00m²
- skill level Beginner to Advance
- optimal crew weight: 225kg
- transport: Trailer
- Crew 1-5 People