Simple, Fun and cool.
The Laser Pico is a durable, fun and confidence-inspiring, rotomolded boat that can be sailed by everyone. It’s ideal for entry-level sailors and is equipped with a removable jib and reefing main sail for easy rigging. This boat is a faviorita at sailing schools all over the world.
The Laser Pico is a combination of a spacious self-draining cockpit and a high boom. There is plenty of room aboard for several children or a couple of adults.
The boat is constructed from Tectothene 109 thermo plastic. This is exceptionally strong, stiff construction and incorporates built-in buoyancy
Families are pretty demanding! The Laser Pico is built to take those demands in stride, year in and year out. This boat is tough, requires virtually no maintenance, and is ready for action in only minutes.
- Spacious self draining cockpit and high boom – Room for up to three sailors, parents included!
- Tecrothene 109 Hull – Exceptionally strong and stiff.
- Car roof toppable – Hull only weighs 70Kg.
- Simple reefing system – Easily cut down on sail area if it gets too windy!
- Bigger Race Sail available for more speed! – Fully interchangeable with no extra rigging required.
- Approved teaching dinghy – Pico is a world leader in the sailing schools around the globe.
- Easy to right – Sits low in water when capsized, can be righted by an 8 year old.
- Length: 3.50m
- Beam: 1.43m
- Hull Weight: 70kg
- Draft: 0.88m
- Mainsail: 5.14m²
- skill level: beginner – advance
- optimal weight: 60 – 80kg
- transport: Cartoppable
- Crew 1-3 people