This Catamaran bridges the gap between low cost rotomoulded hull construction and true performance cat sailing.
The TOPAZ 14C/CX is an easy to sail high performance cat designed for two people.When you jump on you immediately know you are going to have a good sail.
Feels like a light fast dinghy.
The Topaz 14C boast with twin trapeze and a powerful 11.50m2 sail area courtesy of a large Dacron main and jib. The 14CX upgrade includes an impressive 10.00m2 gennaker.
The standard rig has been kept relatively straightforward. Both the versions can be quickly and easily rigged and de-rigged. In high winds, the mainsail can be reefed and the jib can be furled in seconds.
Every fitting on the Topaz 14 provides supreme efficiency and outstanding durability. All the controls, from raising the mainsail and jib to handling the mainsheet loads, are geared so that even young or lighter crew can handle them comfortably in heavy winds. The rudder system is shared with many other top end racing cats so it has been tried and tested to extreme levels.
The Topaz 14 CAT is designed by Yves Loday and Rob White. Loday and White is an International CAT Team of the very highest caliber, so it comes as no surprise that they have produced such a stunning new catamaran.
The 14 CAT can handle any conditions. The hulls are constructed using the TRILAM roto-moulding technique used on the incredibly successful Topaz range of sailboats so the 14 CAT is incredibly robust and resilient.
This trapezing Cat is great value and offers a great introduction to performance sailing.
- Loday-White hull design means much more sailing and less swimming.
- This Cat suits beginners, club racers and one or two crew.
- Option of single or twin trapeze.
- Reefing System for the Dacron mainsail enables up to 20% reduction in sail area, meaning the boat can easily be sailed single-handed.
- Extremely buoyant hulls that make it possible to handle power and guarantee comfort.
- Safe, stable and reassuring hull shapes.
- Jib furler comes standard.
- The Sealed one piece mast for further capsize protection.
- Much admired single-line gennaker system enables effortless launches and recoveries.
- Fantastic control systems keep things simple and are easy to use.
- Proven lifting rudder system is child’s play.
- Lightweight hull is easy to launch and recover..
- TRILAM technology unique to Topper gives unrivalled strength to weight ratio and great uniformity, buoyancy, stiffness and durability.
- Three year hull warrantyEasy to sail – chined hull form, well mannered in all conditions
- Length: 4.25m
- Beam: 2.05m
- Hull Weight: 110kg
- Mainsail: 9.55m²
- Jib: 1.95m²
- Gennaker(Topaz 14CX): 10.00m²
- Dacron Rig
- Twin Trapeze
- TRILAM Polyethylene Construction
- Crew 1-2